Blog

Healthy and Clean Air! That's our motto for more than 30 years

Air disinfection in community structures (schools, hospitals, offices) is very important, this avoids the diffusion of viruses and microbes that are often the cause of more or less serious infections.
The application of UV-C devices improves the living conditions of the occupants of the spaces, disinfecting the air and keeping the components of the air conditioning system clean and efficient, without the use of chemicals and keeping under control the consumption of energy and water. 
The keys to continued HVAC performance are the cleaning of cooling coils, drainage trays and other "wet" components.
Thinking of a situation without UV-C products all the components defined as "wet", with time and poor cleaning, are coated with biofilm and organic compounds. These products, resulting from poor cleaning, spread through the air ducts inside the building.
When mould, biofilm and other organic compounds accumulate:
-The air inside the ducts deteriorates in terms of quality. Odours develop and respiratory irritants, pathogens and allergens spread.
- The flow of air through the batteries becomes limited due to fouling, which leads to a reduction in comfort and energy performance. 
- Equipment and material life is reduced and maintenance requirements are increased.
All these elements threaten the "three E's" of a building: Energy, Efficiency and Economy... the common factor for the realization of a green building.
Ultraviolet (UV-C) lighting is a technology that responds to maintaining the cleanliness of HVAC components, reducing the use of chemicals by controlling energy and water consumption.
UV-C helps maintain or retrofit IAQ significantly. The application of UV prevents formation and reduces the spread of different categories of organisms, which can grow and/or spread in modern air treatment systems. These include pathogens (viruses, bacteria and fungi, which can cause a variety of diseases), allergens (bacteria and molds, which can cause allergic rhinitis, asthma, humidifier fever and hypersensitivity pneumonia), and toxins (endotoxins and mycotoxins, which can cause a variety of toxic effects, irritation and odors).
According to ASHRAE and the U.S. General Services Administration, UV-C rays prevent microbial "growth and transfer" in living spaces.
The Light Progress ultraviolet devices solve all these problems of hygiene and efficiency to learn more about the link https://www.lightprogress.it/en/
Zurück